About Our Club
Here at Heriot-Watt Volleyball Club, we welcome all players of all abilities. We have many opportunities to compete within our BUCS teams as well as participate in recreational sessions to play for fun, meet new people and develop your skills! We have two men’s teams and two women’s teams, with first teams competing in Scottish division 2A.
Our Club Charter
We aim to provide the following service to all our members:
- The opportunity for any student to participate in a form of volleyball appropriate to their desire and ability
- The opportunity to compete within BUCS and develop as a player
- A regular recreational volleyball program
- Opportunity for members to gain a worthwhile social experience through the sport
- Most importantly – an inclusive family feeling! Regardless of your experience or ability, everyone is welcome!
- Monday 16:00-17:30 – Intramural recreational games
- Tuesday 17:30-19:00 – Men’s 1s and 2s/ Women’s 1s and 2s
- Wednesday 7:00-9:00 – Men’s 2s/ Women’s 2s
- Wednesday 13:00-14:30 – Mixed training
- Friday 7:00-9:00 – Men’s 1s/ Women’s 1s
- Friday 16:30-18:30 – Recreational training
First team members will also be offered Strength and Conditioning sessions with a sports scientist in the Oriam Performance Gym on Mondays and Thursdays 18:00.
For the 22/23 season, the Men’s 1st team will be coached by Craig Murray (former member of Men’s Senior National Team) and the Women’s 1st team will be coached by Tom Rooney (Coach for Scotland Senior Women and Scottish Student Sport (SSS) Representative Ladies Team).
Matches are played on Sundays throughout both semesters, with Cup games occasionally held on Wednesdays. Recreational tournaments are also held at least once a semester.